Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today,Tomorrow,Forever.....

 I remember,in all slam books I have filled till date,there,at the very last,is a line,reading"Dated......" and invariably,I,like many others would fill the gaps with the coveted word, "Forever....".
 FOREVER.It happened to be a very secure refuge of the insecurity-ridden hearts that were ours.....the word forever.It was as if that one word would in itself hold together all of us who were,it would never let the chains loose.....but,it seems,what we failed to notice was powders of rust making their way up and up.....
  And then.Then started the metamorphosis of forever to TOMORROW....our tomorrow,my tomorrow and your tomorrow,it was no longer about forever;no longer about what we had but we wanted to have;no longer about what we loved but about what we had to love.....the tomorrow was here.And how.
  We missed the rust that claimed forever,and we failed to foresee the storm that was tomorrow.And there it was....hitting us full in the face,destroying our cocoons...leaving us to fight the battle,unseen,unprepared.Like every storm that hits a coast,the storm of tomorrow took with it all the sand-dunes of hopes and promises....all the castles of dreams and dosti.....the house of cards was down.Never to go up.
     But now,at this moment,I realise,I can neither blame Tomorrow,nor Forever.They did what they had to do,its just that we did not.We built the sand-dunes too near the sea,the castles too frail and the house of cards much in the way of the wind.They,but,could never have been for Forever.....
   So Today,what I am going to do is look into what I have now,and will build up all that has been lost in the quest for something beyond.......and I will make this TODAY last FOREVER......all through the upcoming TOMORROW.I Will.

1 comment:

  1. nicely said...however...distance does serve as a deterrent in our lives...Even my friends are held together only due to the very glue that is me...I don't want to let go of them, even though they might not want to stay...But though there has been a lot of infighting and many have gone different paths...Sometimes, there still is unity amongst the chaos and it is for those minuscule moments in time, I choose to be adamant in my ways...I don't wish to let go...I am always there when my friends need me, I hope even you know that but its nice when for a change, they are there when I need them...

    ReplyDelete